This has been the best week! In Paris only one day, and I bought a camel coloured tweed jacket and a rust suede belt at Inès de la Fressange. If you don’t know of Inès, she’s a model, designer and co-author of Parisian Chic, A Style Guide. Her sense of style is relaxed and effortless, and at age 51, she walked the runway for Gaultier during Chanel’s spring-summer show in 2011.
I’m not fessing-up as to which of these statements, if any, were mine.
Since I’m still on vacation, and have vowed to stay as unplugged as possible, this is a short post. However, here are snippets of the week’s conversations that have stuck in my head. To understand most of them, you had to be there. Sorry!
- This is what heaven would taste like.
- Chicken with skin is self-care.
- Extreme self-care is when you laugh until you pee your pants.
- If you really do what lights you up, that’s play.
- New is scary. Some of us feel like we’re letting go of control, and we’ve worked very hard for control.
- She’s festively plump!
- It’s like we’re at summer camp but with wine.
- French cheese and pastries… Prunes are our friends.
- Wax lips and Lemoncello…
- This was thoroughly disappointing but fun.
- Rat turds and wine. What could be better?
- Feeling pregnant with a baby Camembert. More prunes, please.
- OMG… Oh my gauche!
- Follow your body compass.
- Right there! That’s what I’m talking about. Oh yeah!
- I had sex in Einstein’s closet.
- The toilettes at Versailles look and smell like macaroons.
- Don’t pick him up by his finger!
PS: By the time you read this, Esther Zimmer and I will be walking the streets of Paris, together! So excited to spend time with her!